Is Veritas Steel considered an “essential” business?
Yes – Veritas Steel LLC, is a steel fabrication company that provides essential critical infrastructure for roads, highways and buildings. Companies that provide essential infrastructure have been designated as ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES or ESSENTIAL CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE within the meaning of shelter-in-place and stay- at-home orders.
Will Veritas Steel operations change?
Temporarily, yes. In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are staying committed to the health and safety of our employees and their families. As of today, we still continue to provide excellent on- time bridge fabrication and manufacturing while still providing a safe environment for everyone. To protect everyone’s safety we have made changes to our offices and shops.
We are asking all associates to limit all business travel and if possible, to limit personal travel as well. In addition, travel to and from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea, Europe, Iran, Taiwan and Vietnam (this is, locations under heightened travel advisories from the CDC and U.S. State department) is suspended until further notice. If you have personal travel booked to any of these countries or on a cruise ship, we encourage you to exercise good judgment and discretion on whether to make the trip.
If you choose to travel to any of these countries, you must notify your location HR before departing. In addition, you will be required to stay home and not come to a Veritas facility for a 14-day period upon your return and may only return to work provided that you are free from COVID-19 symptoms. You will also be required to stay at home from the recommended period if a household member is returning from travel in an affected area.
Eau Claire – Tobie Matherne
Wausau – Jennifer Van Vlack
Palatka – Rene Miller
Lisle/Hermantown – Alan Sobel
Veritas is suspending in-person sales. We will be receiving and processing orders via phone or email which are listed on our website.
All suppliers and industry partners that visit our facility in the future or that have visited our facility in the last 14 days must complete a screening questionnaire
Veritas Steel has increased the cleaning of common work areas, including the regular cleaning of objects and areas that are frequently used, such as bathrooms, breakrooms, conference rooms, door handles and railings. We will continue these additional cleaning measures for high-touch surfaces.
Production staff must wipe down shared equipment, tools, and areas prior to lunch break and prior to end of shift. Office staff must wipe down their work area prior to leaving for the day. We have added cleaning solutions and paper towels throughout the workplace and in common areas to assist with this request.
Production staff lunch breaks will be staggered to reduce the number of employees in communal areas. New schedules will be given to supervisors and amended as necessary. Employees are encouraged to break outside or in vehicles away from others.
- Avoid non-essential face-to-face communication. Use phones and/or email whenever possible.
- Keep meetings to groups of 10 or less and maintain a minimum of 3-6 feet separation between individuals, if possible.
- Keep all business, brief, to the point, and disperse to work areas.
Practice Everyday Prevention:
Enhanced Safety Measures:
- All Employees – Keep your work area clean.
- Shared Tools/Equipment– Refrain from sharing phones, desks, offices, personal protection equipment (PPE), or other work tools and equipment when possible
- PPE– Do not share PPE. The use of gloves is strongly encouraged on the shop floor.
- Water / Drinks– Bring your own, do not share. Do not share a common water source.
- Face-to-Face Interaction– Avoid gathering in common work areas. Follow staggered lunch schedule.
- Clothes– Change work clothes prior to arriving home and wash clothes in hot water with laundry sanitizer when possible.