Project Lead The Way (PLTW) is a nonprofit organization that provides Science,
Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) educational opportunities to children
in Pre K-12th grades. PLTW operates in over 12,000 schools in all 50 states, the
District of Columbia and U.S. territories.
The manufacturing workplace requires a unique skill set. STEM jobs continue to grow in the U.S., but we need trained workers who are ready to step into those jobs. STEM is at the heart of American manufacturing – and thus, at the very heart of what we do here at Veritas and across the Atlas family of companies. Partnering with PLTW is a way to increase interest and proficiency in STEM and prepare America’s students for college and career success.
Veritas Steel partners with Orange Park High School in Orange Park, Florida, to offer PLTW to students. This partnership with PLTW, Orange Park High School and the city of Orange Park is a unique opportunity for our company — and for all of us personally — to make a profound impact on our city and on future generations of STEM workers.
The Veritas School Partnership Team is in place at Orange Park High School. If
you are local to the Orange Park area, you can donate your time, talent and
commitment to Veritas Steel in order to make this project a success.
Our goal is not simply to make a corporate donation. We want to utilize the very best of Veritas so we not only enhance the education of students but strengthen the school they attend and the communities we call home.
Partnership Team members may engage in any of the following activities:
- Serve as an advocate for the Orange Park High School PLTW program with parents, school board members, school administration and the community;
- Engage with elected and district-level officials in Orange Park as well as in other Veritas communities about the value of the PLTW program (We hope to bring PLTW to other Veritas communities in years ahead!);
- Connect PLTW students to the community;
- Support PLTW students through mentoring and feedback on their coursework and projects;
- Participate in classroom activities.